[Gambas-user] A few questions prompted by recent posts

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 3 08:21:08 CEST 2015

Le 03/05/2015 00:46, adamnt42 at ...626... a écrit :
> The comments on identifier naming, about both conventions (like
> sWhatever for a string and bWhatever for a boolean) and also IDE
> interpretations (like "_MyClass" is hidden) have reminded me of a
> couple of things I have been meaning to ask:
>
> 1) the automatic hiding of Identifiers beginning with "_" : I know
> that is a fact so I learnt it somewhere, but where? Is it discussed
> in the help wiki somewhere?

Automatic hiding where?

> 2) (on a different tack) In the Component properties page (i.e. the
> Project Properties/Information tab these days) there is a setting for
> "This component is hidden". What does setting this to true do?

The component is not shown in the component list of the project
properties dialog. The component is not meant to be checkable, usually
because it is automatically loaded by another component. For example,
'gb.gui.base'

Benoît Minisini