[Gambas-user] R: How to know is my Form activated or not?

ML d4t4full at ...626...
Sat May 2 20:51:20 CEST 2015

Abbat,

I'd go like this instead:

*  Private _active As Boolean = False**           'This private form
variable will hold the form's state
**  Public Property Read IsActive As Boolean     'This property will
return the private variable value**

**  Private Function IsActive_Read() As Boolean  'The function
declaration for reading the property**
**    Return _active                             '  the current form
state is returned**
**  End**
**
  Public Sub Form_Activate()                   'This sub will change the
**private variable value to Active.
**    _active = True**                             '  flag the state as
Active.
**  End**
**
  Public Sub Form_Deactivate()**                 'This sub will change
the **private variable value to Inactive.**
**    _active = False**                            '  flag the state as
Inactive.**
**  End*

>From any other form, module or class you can now check the new
*IsActive* form property:

*  Dim myForm As New frmWithProperty  'Assume frmWithProperty has the
above property code
**  If myForm.IsActive Then
    [... code for when the form is active...]
  Else
**    [... code for when the form is not active...]
  Endif
  [... even more code ...]*

The property can be added the same way to a single, some, or all forms
in the project.

Regards,