[Gambas-user] How to profile memory usage in gambas application ?

Olivier Cruilles olivier.cruilles at ...614...
Fri May 1 20:05:05 CEST 2015

Hi Benoit,
Is there a way to monitor usage of memory of objects (Class, Collection, etc...) in Gambas please ?
May be you have already developed something like time execution profiler already existing in Gambas but for memory usage ?
My problem is I use an Editor object in a project because it is so great to display text with numbered lines and other possibilities that it offer but after inserted 12000 lines just by Editor1.Text &= new_text_receive, the memory usage of my program jump from 65 MB of memory resident to around 1GB.
So, with a memory profiler in Gambas it will easier to find where I need to change my code to optimize space memory.
Do you think something can be made in this way please ?
Thank you
Olivier