[Gambas-user] Issue 610 in gambas: Debian packaging of control: Depends only gambas3-runtime

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Mar 29 15:51:32 CEST 2015

Comment #5 on issue 610 by benoit.m... at ...626...: Debian packaging of
control: Depends only gambas3-runtime
https://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=610

Sorry, my bad. Actually, when you make a "component" project, the generated
binary package has no automatic dependencies.

It relies on the IDE to manage them from the project property dialog. When
making a binary package of a normal project, it will have dependencies on
all the needed components.

Moreover, by doing automatic dependencies of component projects, I force
the target components to have binary packages too, which is not technically
mandatory: nothing prevents a component having a binary package from
needing another component having no binary package.

But I admit that in practice it seems unlikely. And that we know that
Gambas component do have binary packages (or should have!). So I may have
automatic dependencies at least on Gambas components in a future release.

In the meantime, you can add explicit dependencies in the "extra
dependencies" tab of the packager wizard.