[Gambas-user] Revision #4160 feature doesn't work anymore.

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Thu Mar 19 19:19:38 CET 2015

No, Benoît, revision #6993 didn't solve the problem.
The two programs don't work.  :-(

bye
vuott

 Data: Giovedì 19 marzo 2015, 14:51

 Le 17/03/2015 18:02, Ru
 Vuott a écrit :
 > Hello Benoît,
 >
 > as you may recall,
 revision #4160 implemented the feature to
 "watch"
 > the file-descriptor
 passed by the ALSA function "snd_seq_event_input
 > (seq, & event)", which allows to
 read a file-descriptor when it is

 "ready".

 Well, I must say that this feature **always worked very
 well**.
 > Lately, instead, I have found
 that it no longer works. But - dear me

 ! - I do not know exactly when it no longer works, because
 they were
 > many months that I did not
 use any program, written by me ("Demo
 > Drum-Machine" and "Sequencer
 Midi"), having this feature.

 > The engine of the demo project of
 Drum-Machine, as also my Midi

 Sequencer, consists of a cycle that - receiving from that
 function
 > Alsa a precise date - allows
 to send Midi data packets in sequence

 until the end of the file Midi. I noticed that -
 "now" - if it was a
 > planned
 cycle, the two programs crash right at the predicted ALSA
 > function "snd_seq_event_input (seq,
 & event)". (You can see this

 function at:  Public Sub File_Read() procedure of
 CAlsa.class in the
 > Drum-Machine
 project.) But, if the program sends data simply by a
 > Midi keyboard, everything works well
 enough (...I say enough, because

 sometimes some data is not played. Before, when
 "everything" worked
 > well,
 even this small problem existed using the keyboard).

 Well, I send you, attachments, two projects of the Drum
 Machine:

 > - The
 first, that does NOT work (that is with current problem).

 > - The second
 works..... but it is the first project I "edited"
 > make it works. I had to write a FOR
 loop in the procedure "Public Sub

 btGrid_Click ()",  when the program part for the first
 time, are now
 > forced to send two times
 the dummy initial echo.

 > Regards vuott

 Yep, there is a new read ahead
 feature in the stream classes that may
 interfere... Can you try revision #6993?

 --
 Benoît
 Minisini

 Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The
 Go Parallel Website, sponsored
 by Intel and
 developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub
 for all
 things parallel software
 development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to
 news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more.
 Take a look and join the
 conversation now.
 http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/