[Gambas-user] Autotools packaging ???

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Thu Mar 19 01:07:15 CET 2015

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 00:40:54 +0100
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 19/03/2015 00:38, adamnt42 at ...626... a écrit :
> > Something has happened that I don't quite understand.
> >
> > For several years we have used autotools packaging to distribute our stuff to clients.
> > The IDE options for packaging have always been:
> > Vendor Name="Paddys-Hill"
> > Prefix package name with the vendor name=Yes
> >
> > This has always worked up till the last time we sent some stuff out via autotools (around Oct last year?), we would have a package called (say) "paddys-hill-parseform-0.1.2.tar.gz".
> >
> > Now, when I first package up a project, the wizard "Prefix package with the vendor name" checkbox is writeable but we have had our name prefix changed to "paddys_hill" instead of "paddys-hill"???
> >
> > And subsequent packaging doesn't let me alter the checkbox and adds "gambas3-" to the front of the package name. So I end up with "gambas3-paddys_hill-parseform-0.1.2.tar.gz".
> >
> > This is really playing havoc with the downloader/installer we have provided our customers with and is causing me no end of headache.  What is going on?
> >
> > regards
> > bruce
> >

> Sorry but the "-" character inside vendor name makes packaging fail in
> some cases and some distributions, so it is automatically replaced by "_".
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Benoît,
With respect,
where is the code that does this mucking about? I have over 90 packages to test and distribute to our customers this month, a huge upgrade. I will carve this change out of our local IDE version "with extreme prejudice"! If I can't use the existing downloader/installer I will have to visit each of the 36 customers to "fix" it.
Please, if this is something to do with that *&^*(&^ U-voodoo distro, don't tell me so. I have had a gut-full of it and its' refusal to follow convention!!!
Not happy, in fact panicking.

regards
bruce
--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>