[Gambas-user] Autotools packaging ???

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Thu Mar 19 00:38:04 CET 2015

Something has happened that I don't quite understand.

For several years we have used autotools packaging to distribute our stuff to clients.
The IDE options for packaging have always been:
Vendor Name="Paddys-Hill"
Prefix package name with the vendor name=Yes

This has always worked up till the last time we sent some stuff out via autotools (around Oct last year?), we would have a package called (say) "paddys-hill-parseform-0.1.2.tar.gz".

Now, when I first package up a project, the wizard "Prefix package with the vendor name" checkbox is writeable but we have had our name prefix changed to "paddys_hill" instead of "paddys-hill"???

And subsequent packaging doesn't let me alter the checkbox and adds "gambas3-" to the front of the package name. So I end up with "gambas3-paddys_hill-parseform-0.1.2.tar.gz".

This is really playing havoc with the downloader/installer we have provided our customers with and is causing me no end of headache.  What is going on?

regards
bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>