[Gambas-user] URGENT request to people of Gambas stable PPA

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Mar 17 17:19:56 CET 2015

On ma, 2015-03-16 at 11:28 -0300, Sebastian Kulesz wrote:
> Hey there!
>
> I haven't pushed the update to the stable ppa yet. Just last night I
> updated the bleeding edge ppa and I would like to wait a day or two to
> see if any issues arise.
>
> I can not hold the update because of one user. Think that there are a
> lot of people waiting for the new features and fixes this release
> brings.
>
> From what you wrote, I assume you are using a Debian based distro.
> Would it be possible for you to download a local copy of the
> repository instead of compiling Gambas? Google a tool named reprepo,
> try to set it up on a server locally, and download the packages
> currently available on the stable ppa. I won't update it for a day or
> two, and I will let you know with some time so you can prepare. But
> know that holding it for more than a few days is not ideal.
>
> If I can be of any help let me know!

Hi Sebastian,

I managed to get my own local repository running with the Gambas 3.6.2
from your PPA. I also managed to install from there (just needed to
neglect the key warnings).

So, as far as I am concerned there is no need to hold back the release
of Gambas 3.7

Thanks for your cooperation.

--
Kind regards,