[Gambas-user] URGENT request to people of Gambas stable PPA

Lewis Balentine lewis at ...3412...
Mon Mar 16 17:18:12 CET 2015

Another alternative:

You might use 'apt-get' and 'apt-cache' (on a clean machine) to:
1) download Gambas 3.6.2 from the current PPA
2) build list of dependences
3) download all dependences

Then copy all the debs to an appropriate portable device (USB Drive)
Then write script to:
1) Install dependences first with web disconnected
2) Install Gambas 3.6.2 second with web disconnected
3) Install your custom application(s)

I use a similar method to install Linux on a new machine so it can not
download during the installation before I have a chance to point it
toward my local "apt-catcher-ng" cache (much faster and saves a huge
amount of bandwidth).

I think that you are probably be better severed by a local repository
but it it never hurts to have a plan "B".  ;-)

cheers,

Lewis

Ref:
" 25 Useful Basic Commands of APT-GET and APT-CACHE for Package Management"
http://www.tecmint.com/useful-basic-commands-of-apt-get-and-apt-cache-for-package-management/