[Gambas-user] URGENT request to people of Gambas stable PPA

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Mon Mar 16 16:04:32 CET 2015

Hello Willy,

Am 16.03.2015 um 15:34 schrieb Willy Raets:

> I have considered this but IF I would get a PPA working, I do not have
> the know how to make the needed Gambas packages to go into the PPA.
>
> Another thing is the time constrain, I have much to do before the
> migration starts next week and that 'much to do' doesn't include
> learning how to set up a repo, learning how to package Gambas, test the
> repo and packages and so on...

It is really easy in Debian with Reprepro:

apt-get install apache2 reprepro

Create dirs:

/var/www/apt/gambas3
/var/www/apt/gambas3/conf

in /var/www/apt/gambas3/conf create three files:

distributions  options  updates

Filecontents:

# -------- distributions

Origin: My Gambas3
Label: My Gambas3
Architectures: i386 amd64
Suite: stable
Codename: trusty
Components: main
Contents: .gz
Update: - gambas3-ppa
# SignWith: XYZPGPKEY

# -------- options

verbose
ask-passphrase

# -------- updates

Name: gambas3-ppa
# Gambas3 Beta
Method: http://ppa.launchpad.net/gambas-team/gambas-beta/ubuntu
Components: main
Architectures: i386 amd64
VerifyRelease: 6CAEE58D

-------------------------------

To fetch the gambas repo from Launchpad:

$: cd /var/www/apt/gambas3
$: reprepro -V update

In your client pcs as root:

touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mygambas.list

# -------- mygambas.list
deb http://mysserverip/apt/gambas3 trusty main

That's all.

The only thing I did not mention here is to create a gpg key to sign the
repos.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--