[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.7, error in build

Lewis Balentine lewis at ...3412...
Sun Mar 15 00:41:33 CET 2015

serbatoio voi Gianluigi,

You saved me a lot of time. I did however find one more package that was
required.
# || Unable to met pkg-config requirement: QtOpenGL
# || gb.qt4.opengl is disabled
# add libqt4-opengl-dev
sudo apt-get install libqt4-opengl-dev

I also added the log files as you illustrated.
Thus I got all the way through "./reconf-all" and "./configure -C"
without any problems.
At the end of the configure-C.log file I found the Magic Words:
"ALL COMPONENTS WILL BE COMPILED"

I was also able to get through "make" and "make install". These two
generated a great number of warnings however the required executable
files were produced and gambas3 runs as expected. I tested it on two
simple projects. One console base and one GTK gui. Gambas appeared to
operate as expected.
=================================
=================================

Benoit,
I do not know if this will be helpful but regarding the warnings/errors:
Please see attached archive file for the make logs as well as the errors
captured from the console.

For "make" they were typically warnings about depreciated calls for GTK.
-----------make example------------
gtools.cpp: In function 'gColor get_gdk_bg_color(GtkWidget*, bool)':
gtools.cpp:179:5: warning: 'GtkStyle* gtk_widget_get_style(GtkWidget*)'
is deprecated (declared at
/usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/deprecated/gtkstyle.h:672): Use
'gtk_widget_get_style_context' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
   st=gtk_widget_get_style(wid);
      ^

For "make install" they were typically errors about missing
"libdumb.so.1" file.
-----------make install example------------
make  install-data-hook
make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/gbuilder/Documents/Build/gambas3-3.7.0/gb.openal/src'
Installing the gb.openal control icons if needed...
Creating the information files for gb.openal component...
Error loading libdumb.so.1: libdumb.so.1: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

For "make install" they were typically errors about GTK_IS_WIDGET.
-----------run time error example------------
(gbr3:1151): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion
'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Last and most importantly:
Thank you very much Bennoit for Gambas, your time, your dedication and
most all your continuing support.

Regards,

Lewis Balentine