[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.7, error in build

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Mar 14 14:53:46 CET 2015

Le 14/03/2015 14:39, Lewis Balentine a écrit :
> I was just checking that ...
> --------------------------------
> Ref: http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html
> The following versions of GNU tools are needed:
>      automake 1.11.1
>      autoconf 2.68
>      libtool 2.4
> Compiling with older version may or may not work!
> $ automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.14.1
>
> $ autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
>
> $ libtool --version
> libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
> I think i found it in the source files:
> Reference: acinclude.m4, line 148
>
> I think that I found something about this error as well (not that I
> understand it):
> reference:
> ----
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Distributing-libltdl.html
> Macro: LTDL_CONVENIENCE
> Macro: AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE
> These macros are deprecated, the ‘convenience’ option to LTDL_INIT
> should be used instead.
> ----
>
> Regards,
>
> Lewis

I think you can safely comment AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE (by adding "##" to
the beginning of the line) in the 'acinclude.m4' file. It is actually
useless.

Tell me if it works for you. I will make a 3.7.1 release with the fix in
a few days.

Benoît Minisini