[Gambas-user] gb.scanner

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Mar 12 14:22:35 CET 2015

Hi ron

Pretty piece of code :-)

gb.scanner is based on scanimage too. It just give an object oriented
simplified interface. Thank you for sharing your code,
and you are welcome to help me to inprove gb.scanner if you have some
time to share :-).

It miss multipages, preview and surely many other features.

For stamps, i suggest you to use gb.report2 with a translucy floating label.

> Here a cleanup of an already existing Gambas Scanner app using
> scanimage cli command I use regularly.
> https://github.com/cyberjunky/gbscan/
>
> It does all the option parsing from cli output...
>
> Maybe we can make it better using gb.scanner component and vice versa..
> Thinks I want to add are digital stamps like "Confidential" and signatures...
>
> Regards,
> Ron.

>>> hpaio:/usb/Deskjet_2540_series?serial=CN38T2DM680604|Hewlett-Packard|Deskjet_2540_series|all-in-one)

>>> Well I've not documented the component yet
>>>
>>> But you must do :
>>>
>>> Himg =Scanners["
>>> hpaio:/usb/Deskjet_2540_series?serial=CN38T2DM680604"].scan()
>>>
>>> Or
>>>
>>> Hmyscan as scanner
>>> Hmyscan =scanners["hpaio:/usb/Deskjet_2540_series?serial=CN38T2DM680604"]
>>>
>>> Himg=Hnyscan.scan()
>>>
>>> I will send an example on the farm quikly

>> Thank you Fabian.
>> Can start now.  Looking forward to your example.
>>
>> Johny

Fabien Bodard