[Gambas-user] DirCache unloadable from a single project

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Mar 1 21:11:52 CET 2015

On Sun, 01 Mar 2015, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 01/03/2015 20:37, Beno?t Minisini a ?crit :
> >
> > But the FileView._exit() method uses Try, so you should not get an error
> > message... And what loads the FileView class in the project???
> >

> Bad question, the FileView class is automatically loaded as it is exported.
>
> So the remaining questions: how can you get an error on FileView._exit,
> as it uses the Try instruction?

:-)

He found it out himself: the project had BreakOnError = 1. This is the
second time I wasted time on an alleged bug in such a project. Doubly
stupid because after the first time I always look at the .project file
of each bizarre project. Seems like the setting didn't strike my eye
this time.

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone doing good things with BreakOnError...
(I suspect that it isn't used often -- I have never used it -- and it
 seems weird that it is a .project setting. Can't we make it into a
 "run mode", like "run (normally)", "run step by step", "run breaking
 on each error"? Just an idea out of mild frustration, although I see
 that it is difficult to maintain backwards compatibility here.)

Regards,
Tobi