[Gambas-user] New gb.form.statusicon component

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Tue Jun 30 01:16:18 CEST 2015

Similar results on Ubuntu 12/04 LTS

I notice the use org.kde.xxxx which may be an issue when kde isn't
install...

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Adrien Prokopowicz <
adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...> wrote:

> Le Mon, 29 Jun 2015 04:38:41 +0200, Benoît Minisini <
> gambas at ...1...> a écrit:
>
>  Le 29/06/2015 00:33, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :
>>

>>> I just made a VM with Ubuntu 15.04 and Unity to test that out, but I
>>> can't get it to work. The program runs, but no icon shows up.
>>>
>>> There are quite a few warnings (see attached), but I get these as well
>>> on Plasma 5, and everything works there.
>>>
>>> I made some more tests, I installed sni-qt and a program that uses it
>>> (skype), and the icon shows up correctly.
>>> So I ran D-Feet and checked the RegisteredStatusNotifierItems property
>>> of the StatusNotifierWatcher (see attached screenshot).
>>>

>> Can you use 'dbus-monitor' to display all messages sent by DBus, so that
>> we can see what Unity StatusNotifierWatcher asks to the Gambas program
>> after it has registered?
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Here you go.
>
> --
> Adrien Prokopowicz

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?