[Gambas-user] New gb.form.statusicon component

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jun 28 13:13:09 CEST 2015

Hi,

In the last revision of the development version, I have implemented a
new component named 'gb.form.statusicon', that implements the "new"
system tray protocol, based on DBus.

At the moment, it is only tested with KDE 5, and uses the KDE way of
implementing that protocol.

I say that, because the only documentation I found (that link provided
by Adrien) is different from their implementation!

It is impossible for me to test it just now with other desktop using
that protocol, because you can't anymore install Ubuntu's Unity desktop
on Kubuntu, it's completely broken.

So if anyone could test it on Unity, KDE4 or Gnome3 to tell me what
happens, it would be cool.

Just run the gb.form.statusicon project. It will create one StatusIcon,
and show a form with a Show button that create another StatusIcon.
Clicking on the icons in the system tray should print debugging
information. Clicking with the right button on the "Gambas" StatusIcon
should poup a menu.

Thanks in advance.

Benoît Minisini