[Gambas-user] Bugs and feature requests

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Thu Jun 25 10:41:25 CEST 2015

Le Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:51:27 +0200, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

> Le 24/06/2015 21:06, Moviga Technologies a écrit :
>>

>> How about double-click?
>
> Half bad news: Double-click and mouse wheel events won't work on system
> that install the sni-qt package. That package transform Qt system tray
> icons from the old protocol to the new one, but only support click event.
>
> No idea how KDE tray icons support these events with the new protocol.
>
> But you are doom. You can just use the Click event if you want to be
> sure that your tray icon will work with all desktops... :-/

KDE icons directly implement the DBus SNI interface[0], which provides
scroll wheel and middle click (but no double-click, I actually never
saw a tray icon that uses it).

It is therefore possible to write an SNI implementation using only gb.dbus.
The only problem is that DbusObject cannot raise DBus events yet...

[0] http://www.notmart.org/misc/statusnotifieritem/statusnotifieritem.html

--
Adrien Prokopowicz