[Gambas-user] Clipper counter-intuitivities

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Jun 18 20:38:03 CEST 2015

Hi Benoit,

the attached project shows two strange behaviours of Polygon from the
gb.clipper component.

 (1) Polygon._get() returns a new PointF object created on the fly from
     internal data. However, people would think that

       hPolygon[0].X = 20

     should modify the zeroth point's x coordinate to 20, which it doesn't
     in the current implementation. Can't we cache the PointF objects such
     that changes to the return values of _get() are updated into the
     Polygon?

 (2) If I AddPoint() like this

       pPoint = New PointF(10, 10)
       hPolygon.AddPoint(pPoint)
       Print hPolygon[hPolygon.Max].X

     it yields zero, but I feel it should be 10. I have no explanation for
     this one.

Regards,
Tobi