[Gambas-user] Gambas repo for Debian jessie

willy at ...3474... willy at ...3474...
Wed Jun 17 23:43:31 CEST 2015

Hi all,

For the GambOS project we are looking to base next edition of GambOS
based on Debian jessie (instead of Lubuntu).
Big drawback so far is the Debian repositories always being far behind
with Gambas3 packages.

So, for the last two weeks or so, i have been making and testing pakages
starting with Gambas 3.5.4, next Gambas 3.6.2 and finally Gambas 3.7.1
(all for i386 architecture for now)

As I mentioned, I have also been testing by simply running my Gambas
applications and work in IDE on the VM's I have gambas installed from
the own repository.

I'm writing this mail because I have made a setup to create a localhost
repository.
It requires installing and configuring lighttpd and extracting an
archive into /var/www.

Install a key, add a gambos.list to sources.list.d folder.

Next after an apt-get update, you can install from your localhost
repository.
It is all well documented and the setup is not too hard.

One thing, you will need to decide what repo to use as you have 3
available (3.5.4, 3.6.2 and 3.7.1).

I am hoping some of you out here using Debian are willing to give the
repo's a test (as they are still in testing fase).

You can download the archive with instructions and repo archive at:
http://gambos.org/gambos/Jessie-Repo-0.0.1.tar.gz

Let me know what you think about it all by doing a private reply to this
post.

Thanks,

gbWilly

GambOS project
http://gambos.org/

P.S If all starts looking well, the repositories will be hosted
somewhere public, so all can use them (bit like the Gambas team PPA for
Ubuntu, but with this difference that you can pick the gambas version
you would like to use as of 3.5).