[Gambas-user] Trouble printing from "Printing Example"

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Tue Jun 9 16:29:54 CEST 2015

Good Morning,

I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 and Gambas 3.7.1. My printer is a Canon
Image-Class MF4150 connected through Samba to a PC running Windows 8. I have
installed the driver provided by Canon for Linux. Prior to running the Print
Example all worked with no problem. I was able to print a printer test page
and a file. The print queue emptied as it should.

I ran the print example in the debugger. Selected the print button to print
the file "Molly Malone". The printer dialog opened and the document was sent
to the queue. OK so far. The document never printed and it showed
"processing" in the queue. After four to five minutes the document still had
not printed.  Other documents were behind waiting to be printed. Deleting
the stuck job did not release the other jobs. Rebooting did not help. No
other document, from any app, would not print. Had to delete and reinstall
the printer to get it to print again. Verified that the print example app
was at fault by printing a text file and a test page before running the app.

Attached are errors seen in the console during execution of the print
example. This is the first time I've tried to print so I'm not sure what to
do from here. I assume the app works or it would not be in the example file.
Maybe you guys can help and suggest what I can do to find the problem.

Thanks,

Marty