[Gambas-user] GAMBAS game binary release (Sylph: Project Miyaji)

Mon Jun 8 07:31:55 CEST 2015

On 06/07/2015 06:38 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Anyway, I looked at the last videos, it's cool. :-)
>
> May I suggest a few things about what I saw? Beware, it may be bad ideas!
>
> - Adding some transparency in big laser beams.
>
> - Adding some animation when eating a weapon.
>
> - Adding a shadow for the ship when being on ground.
>
> - Adding an animation when the score increases.
>
> Regards,

Hey Benoît. Those are all good ideas. The laser transparency I can
adjust; it's a polygonal model scaled and rendered multiple times with
additive blending, so it's more opaque at the center and less so around
the edges. For the end boss, Gloire, its lasers are so large that you
can fly inside them and their glow fills the screen...kinda
crazy-looking until it kills you. :)

For the score and upgrade acquisition I can have the main OSD (on the
right side) animate to reflect the state change so it's more
noticeable/emphasized.

I actually do already have ship shadows, though they're pretty subtle.
The closer the ship is to the ground the smaller and more opaque they
become; the higher up the ship the larger and more transparent they
become. I can make them more opaque/noticeable, though.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any input is appreciated!

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues