[Gambas-user] Editor word wrap mode

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Sun Jun 7 02:46:53 CEST 2015

On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 16:45:52 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Pfew !
>
> I think I finally succeeded in implementing word wrap mode in the new
> text editor. It was painful, but here it is.
>
> I have added two options in the IDE so that you can test:
>
> - A button to toggle word wrap mode individually in each editor.
>
> - A global option to define if word wrap mode must be enabled by default
> when you open a new editor.
>
> Enabling the wrap mode makes the editor slower, as a text line must be
> layouted each time the editor is resized, and it can take more than one
> line to be displayed.
>
> But you will tell me if you have any problem!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Ah Benoît, sorry to spoil your weekend  but this one is a bit of a problem.
The attached project demonstrates wrappng problems with "very" long source lines. In particular, pre-declaration inline help.
Hopefully the source explains and shows the problem well enough at your end. If not I can send screen shots separately.

Open the project in the IDE with line wrapping turned off. Read the explanation at MMain.module line 9. Then set wrapping on.

regards
Bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>