[Gambas-user] Gambas, Rpi and Signals

Mike Crean mike.crean at ...2897...
Wed Jun 3 16:34:03 CEST 2015

Hey Benoit, thanks for looking at my web site and yourinterest in my projects. The relation between Gambas and my trains is signalscontrol at Niana North this is all on Linux (Ubuntu) and the SCADA (automation)software is code cut using Gambas 3. The new Niana South control is using anold PC to interface with Niana North. It will be replace by a Raspberry pi 2 B+with control software created using Gambas 3. I have found the power controland filtering chip (IC) used in the Rpi’s to be very shaky at best. It seems unableto handle large voltage transients commonly seen on our electricity supply and seems prone to fail. Iwill be installing a UPS and power filter to hopefully over come this problem. Havea look at the signals section in the Trains menu on my web site www.creaniestoys.noip.me.

Many, many best wishes and keep up the great work withGambas.Regards Mike