[Gambas-user] Extensible Image Viewer

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Jul 29 21:40:57 CEST 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 29/07/2015 19:13, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > On Tue, 28 Jul 2015, Tobias Boege wrote:
> >> Extensibility is accomplished by a plugin system (the base code for this
> >> is also in the software farm for some days now, it's called "Plugins").
> >> It's a bit of a hack but works nicely for my purposes.
> >>

> > I tried to use the thing outside of the IDE today for the first time and had
> > to realise that the plugins need the attached patch to the interpreter which
> > allows to load libraries (Component.Load()) from arbitrary absolute paths
> > even if the interpreter is not in debugging mode. Normally Component.Load()
> > is only permitted from /bin or /usr/bin, AFAICS.
> >
> > Benoit, is that a security feature or something?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> Let's say it's some sort of security thing...
>
> I wanted to release 3.8 this week, before going on holidays for two
> weeks. So any change related to component loading will be for the next
> version.

Fine with me. I just committed some changes to gb.ncurses which were lying
around here since the Sourceforge incident.

> Moreover, please explain what that plugin files are, and why the IDE
> should support them?

It shouldn't. They are very specific files for my project. But since it's
Gambas code I wanted to have it highlighted while I wrote it. I attached
the IDE patch just for curious people who want to study the code in more
detail (and with syntax highlighting).

Regards,
Tobi