[Gambas-user] Extensible Image Viewer

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Jul 29 19:13:49 CEST 2015

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015, Tobias Boege wrote:
> Extensibility is accomplished by a plugin system (the base code for this
> is also in the software farm for some days now, it's called "Plugins").
> It's a bit of a hack but works nicely for my purposes.

I tried to use the thing outside of the IDE today for the first time and had
to realise that the plugins need the attached patch to the interpreter which
allows to load libraries (Component.Load()) from arbitrary absolute paths
even if the interpreter is not in debugging mode. Normally Component.Load()
is only permitted from /bin or /usr/bin, AFAICS.

Benoit, is that a security feature or something?

Regards,
Tobi