[Gambas-user] Bugtracker protocol

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jul 25 17:38:36 CEST 2015

Le 25/07/2015 17:26, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> Hi Benoit,
>
> for my command line bugtracker client, I have written some kind of
> ncurses interface today which is at least able to fetch the session
> cookie after logging in by now.
>
> Then I was digging around further to see how to retrieve some bug
> reports for display. My questions are:
>
> - Is there, by chance, an interface of the bugtracker from which I
> can retrieve raw (i.e. non-HTML) data? - If there isn't, I will have
> to use gb.xml.html to parse the webpages but: - the primary listing
> of bug reports I have found is in an HTML table without many "id" or
> "name" attributes (good would be a scheme like id = "bugXY-summary"
> for the <td> which holds the summary of bug #XY) which is unpleasant
> to parse (I have to hardcode column indices), - there are many french
> (accented) words in the HTML attributes.
>
> My preferred solution would be to have read-only access to the table
> of reports (I suppose there is a structured database of reports
> accessible via standard gb.db methods). I am OK with using
> gb.net.curl's HttpForm to submit stuff like reports or comments
> (authentication is necessary there anyway).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards, Tobi

You have a dedicated HTTP protocol to do all what you want and more... I
will send you the documentation in private, as this is not libre
software yet.

The framework store its data in text files, not in a database. But it
uses SQLite databases for data indexing.

> PS: Also I found [0] which is, if I connected the view pieces I
> understood correctly, really impressive. Is this search engine
> actually employed by the bugtracker? Would be good if the words could
> be in English :-)
>
> [0] http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/help/search

How did you find that? The words are in french because the framework is
not fully translatable yet. You will have to deal with that at the moment.

Benoît Minisini