[Gambas-user] i Build a RPM package but...

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Jul 12 11:28:47 CEST 2015

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, tsukuba GIMP user wrote:
> music = application.Path & "/.hidden/music1.mp3"
> this application.path is /usr/bin/.hidden or /usr/share/.hidden?(and i want to change /.hidden to /.musicfiles)
> ??my program in debug it's working but if build the RPM and I install it's not working because file not found...??

When you create an installation package, you will end up with an executable
archive of your project (*.gambas file) within it. This archive is a single
file which holds your entire project, but of course you can't use absolute
paths in the filesystem (as you did above) to access these files. If you
want to access a file which is located relative to your project directory,
then you have to use plain relative paths:

  music = ".hidden/music1.mp3"

Also why is your data in ".hidden"? The .hidden directory, per wiki[0], is
the directory which specifically contains data which is NOT going into the
executable archive. You should put your music right into the project
directory (not into its subdirectories) and change

  music = "music1.mp3"

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/project_structure