[Gambas-user] Getting the "source string" for a picture

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 21 01:59:25 CET 2015

Le 21/01/2015 01:26, adamnt42 at ...626... a écrit :

> Hmmm, bugger!
>
> I know it is in the form configuration file, but that's of little use
> to me in this instance.
>
> I was trying to implement a "Style" property for toolbars, i.e.
> {Default}, IconOnly, Icon+Text, TextOnly.  I can handle the first
> three OK, but TextOnly means I need to know that path so I can reload
> the picture if the user selects one of the others after selecting
> TextOnly. The way I look at it now, if a toolbutton has both the
> Picture and Text properties set in the IDE then there is no way for
> "experienced" users to select a shorter rendition for their use, the
> picture and text are always displayed.
>
> Ce'st la vie! I guess I'll just go for the first three.
>
> regards Bruce

This must be implemented in gb.form.mdi.

How the toolbar works? At the moment, it just shows or hides its
children. If it would modify the text or icon of its children, it would
lost the data.

So I think something must be added to the ToolButton control: the
ability to hide/show text and icon on demand.

Usually, the hide/show text/icon is global to the toolbar, but I find
that really useless. This is something that should be enabled or
disabled individually for each ToolButton.

What do you think?

--
Benoît Minisini