[Gambas-user] Use of db.Begin, db.Commit and db.Rollback with a datasource and datacontrols

Lewis Balentine lewis at ...3412...
Tue Jan 20 21:37:00 CET 2015

Nope, you did not mislead me ....

I was already been looking at these methods, but I had only tried the
update function on a dataview control where the data was modified by an
external program (that works nicely).

I believe that I have tried every combination of: DataSource.Cancel,
DataSource1.Update, DataSource1.Refresh

BINGO!!
Put "DataSource.Connection.begin" just after the DB/Table is opened.
Put "DataSource.Connection.commit" and "DataSource.Connection.begin" at
the end of each save.
Use  "DataSource.Connection.Rollback", "DataSource.Update",
"DataSource.Connection.Begin" to cancel.

Alas I have run out of time and must attend to other matters.
I will try update my example tomorrow and upload it.
(I also want a bit more testing).

Regards,

Lewis