[Gambas-user] Use of db.Begin, db.Commit and db.Rollback with a datasource and datacontrols

Lewis Balentine lewis at ...3412...
Tue Jan 20 05:24:34 CET 2015

 >> use the .Refresh method <<

That assumes that one is using data linked controls. That is not always
the case:
    examples:
      a date record is displayed/edited  as two separate text boxes
(i.e. date and time)
      a person's name is stored in the fields: given_name, initial,
family_name
      the person's name is displayed/edited in a single text box

I have in the past (with VB6) used the control.tag property to hold the
original unedited text for the control. I have also been known to use
that information to verify another user had not changed the original
record prior to processing the update.