[Gambas-user] Report Rebirth

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Jan 15 14:11:27 CET 2015

Hi, this is a screenshot of the render of the new report engine.

It support now Margins and BoxShadow. The code can be tested in
trunk/comp/src/gb.report2

I want to take my time and make the better tool i can. For today my
time will be focused on the
ReportGridView component which will be the equivalent to GridView. So
filling code can be the same between the gridview and this widget. The
only difference will be the reportgridview have no scrollbar. So pages
are generates on need.

In a near future i thing i will add an option to report to allow to
way i want an horizontal filling or a vertical one. so pages can be
generate in an horizontal way... usefull for calendar for example.

But before i will be focused on the group indexation. This have been
my baddest bug in the prev version, and i will not be able to simply
solve it. The goal of group indexation is to allow user to duplicate a
container and then all children are duplicate again in function of new
count params. the fields can call the good request. It's a complex
recursive problem. But the goal is great... be able to generate
complex multilevel arrays. For that i will add a cache in the virtual
objects to minimize the databases queries.

Then i will rewrite the three last containers (column, row, fill). The
reportvpanel will have a column property to fix the number of column.
(the same for reporthpanel with row property)

Do you think i need to blend reportImage and reportSVGImage ? (with a
type detection)

Do you think i need to blend ReportLabel and ReportRichLabel ?

In these two case gb.report2 will never be compatible with the
previous report component ... But maybe it's time to do something
better.

It is now the time to explain your needs, to give me example of report
you want to be able to do (pdf join), Tell me what you hate and what
you like in gb.report V1.

I need verbose users.

Best regards,

--