[Gambas-user] How do I directly access the child controls in a panel container.

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Sat Jan 10 19:27:14 CET 2015

On 01/10/2015 11:08 AM, Jørn Erik Mørne wrote:

>> Hello,
>>

>> One can address a control on another form with fMain.txtHello.Text. This
>> syntax also works for other container objects. I have a form with a panel
>> control. There are several controls within the panel. To avoid naming
>> conflicts I want to keep the panel controls separate from the parent form.
>> Something like panel.txtEdit.Text would be great but, it does not work. I
>> can get the "children" collection of the panel and get the control names.
>> That does not help. I need to get to the control and use its properties and
>> events. Is there a way to do this?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
> This is the way: Panel1.Children[1].Text

The documentation for Container.Children says that it, "Returns a collection [...]" But it does not return a Collection (class).

That's too bad. The ability to do Panel1.Children["TextBox1"].Text would be nice.