[Gambas-user] Issue 589 in gambas: Interpreter Crash Gambas3 - Calling a library function - BananaPi

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Fri Jan 9 07:56:24 CET 2015

Comment #5 on issue 589 by ScrCarl... at ...626...: Interpreter Crash Gambas3
- Calling a library function - BananaPi
https://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=589

Dear Benoit,

to be honest, I have reached a point where I have to make a decision if to
continue with Gambas 3 or not. The problem is exactly this function
PMD_Find_Interface().
Its function prototype is PMD_Find_Interface (HIDInterface** hid, int
interface, int productID). HIDInterface is a structure with a lenght of 52
bytes.
The problen is how to code it in Gambas:
1.) HIDInterface* hid(7);  how to transscribe this in Gambas
2.) interface = PMD_Find_Inteface ( &hid[i], i, USB1608FS_PID); how to
setup this call

So I have to establish a construct of 7 memory blocks which are accessed by
pointers each. I am not interested in the content of these blocks, I only
have to transfer it from one function to an other by hid[].
If this can not be done by Gambas 3 I have to stop all activities and have
to look for other IDEs. In the past I have developped many testprograms
under VB6, therefore I came to Gambas3. In my test setups I have to adress
many test equipment via USB in many cases on low level.