[Gambas-user] (hard?) Testing for a treeview key with Like

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Wed Jan 7 05:09:19 CET 2015

Something new?

I have a treeview (actually a columnview) whose Item keys are a concatenated string of filename and
version via
  Subst("&1-&2", hItem.Name, hItem.Version)

When loading the view and I encounter an item with the same filename but a different version I'd like to add the new version as a child node under the existing original.

Short of processing the key of every node in the view I can't see a way to detect the parent node I am looking for.

What I am looking for is a partial key recognition of the following ilk:
  If ColumnView1.Exists(Like NewItem.FileName&"-*") Then
    ' add a child node
  Else
    ' add a parent (root) node
  EndIf

Any clues?

tia
Bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>