[Gambas-user] SerialPort: RS232 DTR problem

Mike Crean mike.crean at ...2897...
Sun Jan 4 09:59:45 CET 2015

Have you tried a standard loop back cable. Also have a look at the most excepted RS323 standards.
This may help.
Over the past couple of decades the serial "standard" has evolved. Current accepted practice says that DSR and DTR should be used for "Equipment Status" and that hardware flow control be done using CTS and RTS.

Since the signaling is identical you can plug any device that uses DSR/DTR flow control into any device that uses CTS/RTS flow control as long as the cable is wired correctly.

All currently available Lantronix multi-port servers with RJ45 serial ports use this RS232 pinout:
1 RTS
2 DTR
3 TXD
4 SGD
5 SGD
6 RXD
7 DSR
8 CTSRegardsMike

     On Sunday, 4 January 2015, 10:20, Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

 Le 03/01/2015 15:40, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Fri, 02 Jan 2015, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
>> Le 16/12/2014 15:52, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> [ this is a forwarded bug report -- and this time I'm only translating. I
>>>    don't understand any of these hardware things. If there are questions
>>>    left, don't hesitate; ]
>>>
>>> a user complains that SerialPort.DTR is buggy on his system: after
>>> initialisation, this property is False and the voltage is -12V.
>>>
>>> Setting it to True works and the voltage raises to +12V. But setting it to
>>> False afterwards does nothing: the property continues to return True the
>>> voltage remains on +12V. The needed hardware is an RS232 or an RS232-USB
>>> adapter.
>>>
>>> He says it worked with Gambas2 and he first noticed that it didn't with
>>> Gambas 3.1.1 (from the Ubuntu repositories). I urged him to update and the
>>> error still happens with 3.6.2.
>>>
>>> Attached is the project we came up with to reproduce the issue. He also
>>> mentioned that behaviour changed slightly when he left out the graphical
>>> component he initially used his project with: with a graphical component,
>>> the hardware didn't react and the property remained True and without a
>>> graphical component, the hardware reacts correctly, only the property gives
>>> the wrong value -- if I got him right.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tobi
>>>

>> Does the last revision (#6792) change anything?
>>

> He says no.

A stupid bug in the DTR property implementation... It should be fixed in
revision #6804. Please ask him to confirm.

Benoît Minisini