[Gambas-user] R: SDL2 : "Channel" Class has not property nor metods...

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 2 10:49:04 CET 2015

Le 02/01/2015 10:39, Ru Vuott a écrit :
> Uhmmm.... another question/problem:
>
> With old  "gb.sdl.sound" we can use also graphic components.
>
> Now, the new "gb.sdl2.audio" is not compatible with gb.gui, gb.gtk, gb.gtk3 and gb.qt4 !
>
> Regards
> vuott

I'm not sure it's a good idea to use SDL with GUI toolkits. SDL seems to
be designed to be run alone between the system and a game program.

If really needed, I will re-enable it, because as it seems to work. But
I'm not sure that it will always work in the future.

Otherwise there is the gb.media component. But it's more complicated to
play several sounds at the same time with gstreamer. Maybe I should
create some sort of MediaMixer control that would allow to play sounds
like SDL.

Benoît Minisini