[Gambas-user] R: SDL2 : "Channel" Class has not property nor metods...

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Fri Jan 2 09:55:18 CET 2015

Hello Benoît,

gb.sdl2.audio, like gb.sdl.sound, has these Classes (named channel):
- Channel
- Channels

" At present "  by using "gb.sdl2.audio" I can play a file .wav with "Sound" and "Channels" Class:

For example we'll play simultaneously 2 file wav:

Public Sub Main()

 Dim sn1, sn2 As Sound

' We set how many channels we want to use:
  Channels.Count = 2

'  We set the volume for each channel:
  Channels[0].Volume = 110
  Channels[1].Volume = 90

' We set for each channel a file WAV:
  sn1 = Sound.Load("/path/of/first/.wav")
  sn2 = Sound.Load("/path/of/second/file.wav")

' We play simultaneously those two files wav:
  Channels[0].Play(sn1)
  Channels[1].Play(sn2)

' We need a loop:
  While True
     Wait 0.01
  Wend

End

Well, with that example I used " Channels " in gb.sdl2.audio, and I did not need "Channel" Class.

=== By using "Channel" class in gb.sdl.sound ===
In old "gb.sdl.sound" a " Channel " Class also is active.
I used it like that:

Public Sub Button1_Click()

Dim s As Sound

  Channels[0].Volume = 0.03

  s = New Sound("/path/of/file.wav")

  Channel(Channels[0]).Play(s)

End

====================

 ...If I want to use " Channel " Class in new "gb.sdl2.audio" component, it seems its properties and methods aren't active.
....but, perhaps, in new "gb.sdl2.audio" component we do not need "Channel" Class, because we can use efficiently the " Channels " Class.

Regards
vuott

 Data: Venerdì 2 gennaio 2015, 04:47

 Le 02/01/2015 02:14, Ru
 Vuott a écrit :
 > ...in short, SDL2
 "Channel" Class seems to be useless at present.

 > Regards
 > vuott

 Channel has only dynamic
 methods and properties. Do you know how to use it?

 --
 Benoît
 Minisini

 and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
 hub for all things parallel software
 development, from weekly thought
 leadership
 blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more.
 Take a
 look and join the conversation now.
 http://goparallel.sourceforge.net