[Gambas-user] Happy new year...

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 2 01:01:33 CET 2015

Le 01/01/2015 23:11, adamnt42 at ...626... a écrit :
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 22:52:43 +0100
> Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 02 Jan 2015, adamnt42 at ...626... wrote:

>>> OK I tried uploading vrecentfilesd.  Seems to go alright but I have the following questions:
>>> 1) How do I set up a screenshot?
>>
>> The IDE seems to have gotten a screenshot feature (see Tools). If you take a
>> screenshot from there, project/.hidden/screenshots is created and the file
>> is placed there. From this directory you can select screenshots in the
>> publish ComboBox.
>>
>> [ I must say that I'm not a fan of this. I'd like my screenshots to show
>>    only the application window (if there is only one window), so until now
>>    I created that directory manually and inserted a screenshot from outside
>>    the IDE. My normal desktop screenshot program offers me to take
>>    screenshots from a specific window (the one under the cursor after some
>>    adjustable delay) only.
>>
>>    Maybe Benoit can implement this in the IDE's screenshot module, too? That
>>    or a new popup menu entry for the project TreeView, "Paste screenshot",
>>    which would paste a file (path) from the clipboard and create the necessary
>>    directories automatically. ]
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tobi
>>
>> --
>> "There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk
>>

> Ah, I see.  Yes that seems a bit clunky.
> I use Shutter, Which allows a fair bit of creativity with the screenshot. The one I just uploaded shows the menu (faked, but it only took a few seconds) that is created by the component.
> Yes, I think there is enough screenshot/screenshot+enhancer utilities available to encourage your idea of pasting one into the project.
>
> cheers
> Bruce

You were right guys, all that was clumsy. I tried to fix that in
revision #6789.

I removed the screenshot tool, and now the publish dialog have four options:

1) Keep the screenshot stored on the server.

2) Delete it.

3) Upload a new screenshot from the clipboard.

4) Upload a new screenshot from any file.

The screenshot is now automatically reduced and degraded to a jpeg file
so that it does not take too much space.

Benoît Minisini