[Gambas-user] IF Not (any boolean) then

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Jan 1 23:39:46 CET 2015

On Fri, 02 Jan 2015, adamnt42 at ...626... wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 23:13:20 +0100
> Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 01 Jan 2015, Lewis Balentine wrote:
> > > If I use "NOT" in an "IF" statement with any boolean (function or value)
> > > then I get an error. example:
> > >
> > > If NOT (BooleanFuntion) then Do this
> > > unknown identifier: NOT
> > >
> > > Am I mistaken in thinking that one should be able to use the NOT
> > > operator in this manner ?
> > >
> > > I can get around this by changing the syntax to. example:
> > > If BooleanFuntion = False then Do this
> > >

> > Attached is a script which works over here. If you use Not in the same way,
> > there must be an error in your Gambas or the parts of your code which you
> > didn't show us. (The latter being a common outcome of not sending the whole
> > script/project ;-))
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >
> > --
> > "There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk
>
> Hey Tobi!
>
> Didn't we do this one a few weeks ago?
>
> The error is not the NOT it's the missing () ....
>
> b :-)

And I insist that it would be easier to spot if there was a whole concrete
(yet minimal) script to look at, not abstracting from important syntactical
details like parentheses or whether BooleanFunction above was actually a
Function returning a Boolean or an expression producing a Boolean. Well
whatever, see you next time, I guess :-)

Regards,
Tobi