[Gambas-user] Crash in MapView and gb.net.curl

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Feb 26 22:59:49 CET 2015

Le 26/02/2015 22:56, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> I found who was guilty: Ubuntu.
>
> Gambas component that use thread needs the interpreter to be linked with
> the system thread library, even if the interpreter does not use it.
>
> Alas, I have just discovered that Ubuntu adds some global compiler
> configuration that automatically remove linked libraries when they are
> not used!
>
> Consequently, the system thread library was not linked with the Gambas
> interpreter, and gb.net.curl randomly crashes.
>
> Thank you Ubuntu!
>
> A workaround should follow soon...

To check if your system has the same "feature":

$ cd /path/to/gambas/sources
$ cd main/gbx
$ make
$ ldd gbx3

Look if the last command writes a reference to 'libpthread'. If it does,
all is ok. Otherwise, you need the workaround.

Benoît Minisini