[Gambas-user] Issue 608 in gambas: Need way to compile and exectute gambas project on a tmp folder.

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Wed Feb 25 14:38:09 CET 2015

Owner: ----
Labels: Version-Any Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any
Arch-Any Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 608 by mati8... at ...626...: Need way to compile and exectute
gambas project on a tmp folder.
https://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=608

My problem comes from the examples in debian packages. They, for security
reasons (Honestly I did not find their true reasons.) specifically patched
the installation to not compile the examples. :S

Of course, I can open the files, but when try compiling the examples
produces an error:
>   gbx3: unable to find startup file.

Of course not give write permissions to the
folder "/usr/share/gambas3/examples/*" and my proposal is that the compiler
detects the write permissions and compile these into a temporary folder and
then gbx3 can open execute these project.

My problem is with the examples, as I try to teach to some kids and can not
run the examples that would be very useful. Temporarily copy all examples
files to home. But I hope to provide a official solution. :S

Regards,
Matias