[Gambas-user] Great honor to Benoît and Gambas3

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sat Feb 21 17:28:28 CET 2015

You're welcome ... :-)... we need arms and minds

For your component we will see if we can find a place for it .. i need
to tst it before ... and understand what is it ;-)...

maybe i can help

>> But back to topic: Again – thank you Benoît!
>
> Amen!!

>> Hello,
>>
>> now for about half a year I am programming in Gambas and slowly I am
>> getting familiar with the system. Gambas is really phantastic! It is
>> easy to program, easier than MS VBA (where I came from, and that was
>> really easy to program), it has a beautiful IDE (in contrast to MS VBA)
>> it avoids caveats I knew from VBA (especially error handling) but let me
>> reuse a lot of code I have written for MS Access. Now I am with Linux
>> and the code I write, is text, easy to handle with a VCS like Git! I
>> love it!
>>
>> I tried out: Java, Python, FreePascal, Groovy. Gambas3 is the best!
>>
>> I am programming a database frontend for Postgresql for my firm under
>> Debian/Ubuntu Linux, deploying software with Apt. So easy, so
>> transparent, so cool.
>>
>> Thank you very, very much, Mr. Minisini.
>>
>> The only thing sometimes I am thinking about is: What ist the future of
>> Gambas? Will it be an actual and reliable system in 10 or 20 years?
>>
>> I would like to contribute in the evolution of Gambas. I would like to
>> promote Gambas. I would like to see it as another standard of
>> programming GUI (especially database GUI) in Linux environments.
>>
>> How can I help? Can I help?
>>
>> Here are components I wrote for our software.
>> https://github.com/Deganius/gb.deg.form
>>
>> DegComboBox is now really useful, but has an annoying bug I did not find
>> a solution for but maybe someone else finds ...:
>>
>> https://github.com/Deganius/gb.deg.form/blob/master/TODO.md
>>
>> But back to topic: Again – thank you Benoît!
>>
>> Alles Gute
>>
>> Christof Thalhofer
>>
>> --
>> Dies ist keine Signatur