[Gambas-user] Paint.Extend* constants usable in gb.qt4?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Feb 21 16:10:49 CET 2015

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 21/02/2015 15:48, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > can we use the ExtendPad (or in general Extend*) constants from the Paint
> > class in gb.qt4 somehow? I saw that gb.cairo's Cairo has similar constants
> > and, as one would think, Cairo.ImagePattern() can take them. Not so with
> > Paint.Image().
>
> QT4 does not support spread constants for image brushes, only for
> gradients. In other words, image brushes always use Paint.ExtendRepeat.

Oh yes, and there it is, the Extend parameter! I should have searched for
"Extend" instead of "ExtendPad"...

> > A Google search with
> >
> >    site:gambaswiki.org -inurl:"l=" extendpad
> >
> > only showed 6 results, none of which shows any mention of *usage* of the
> > Paint.Extend* constants, and grep didn't find anything in the Gambas
> > components.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >
> > PS: I hear people ask time and again if there is a search function in the
> >      wiki. As it seems the Google trick above is not convenient enough...
> >      Can we do something about it?
> >

> A google search box? Nothing is indexed on the server, and creating a
> search index is a big job.

I'm sure a Google search box would be enough... if you have an idea how to
get one.