[Gambas-user] Great honor to Benoît and Gambas3

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Sat Feb 21 01:12:28 CET 2015

Hello,

now for about half a year I am programming in Gambas and slowly I am
getting familiar with the system. Gambas is really phantastic! It is
easy to program, easier than MS VBA (where I came from, and that was
really easy to program), it has a beautiful IDE (in contrast to MS VBA)
it avoids caveats I knew from VBA (especially error handling) but let me
reuse a lot of code I have written for MS Access. Now I am with Linux
and the code I write, is text, easy to handle with a VCS like Git! I
love it!

I tried out: Java, Python, FreePascal, Groovy. Gambas3 is the best!

I am programming a database frontend for Postgresql for my firm under
Debian/Ubuntu Linux, deploying software with Apt. So easy, so
transparent, so cool.

Thank you very, very much, Mr. Minisini.

The only thing sometimes I am thinking about is: What ist the future of
Gambas? Will it be an actual and reliable system in 10 or 20 years?

I would like to contribute in the evolution of Gambas. I would like to
promote Gambas. I would like to see it as another standard of
programming GUI (especially database GUI) in Linux environments.

How can I help? Can I help?

Here are components I wrote for our software.
https://github.com/Deganius/gb.deg.form

DegComboBox is now really useful, but has an annoying bug I did not find
a solution for but maybe someone else finds ...:

https://github.com/Deganius/gb.deg.form/blob/master/TODO.md

But back to topic: Again – thank you Benoît!

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur