[Gambas-user] A couple of questions about building web / cgi applications

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 14 03:04:17 CET 2015

Le 13/02/2015 21:35, Bruce Cunningham a écrit :
> Caveat,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I'm a little concerned about using a "disk" based database because
> the disk is flash, which has a limited number of write cycles.  Even
> with wear-leveling, I would eventually kill parts of the flash.  I
> don't want these things dropping dead in the field after a year or
> so...
>
> I was considering something like named pipes, but I'm a little
> unclear about how Linux actually handles them.  I thought I saw a
> mention that they are managed via temporary files within the file
> system, and that would defeat the whole idea of not writing to disk.
>
> I know how to do interprocess communication in Windows, but not in
> Linux with Gambas.
>
> Bruce
>
> Bruce Cunningham bcunningham at ...3336...

You can use a named pipe : you create the node on the disk once (if you
don't want to ruin the flash). All the data exchange will be done in
memory by the system.

Benoît Minisini