[Gambas-user] usb codebar reader how to handle events!?

Charlie charlie at ...2793...
Thu Dec 24 11:20:40 CET 2015

I can't see how you are supposed to tell if you are typing on a keyboard or
using a barcode reader as they are both USB devices setup to look like a
keyboard. It's probably possible but you'll need somebody who can write code
to read USB ports and understands how they work - That's not me!
OK let's try another tack. The barcode reader can fire in text at quite a
rate so here is some code that does not rely on any special characters.
It uses the fact that if there is no new character added to the TextBox in
1/16th of a second then the barcode is read.
BarcodeReader.tar
<http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n55095/BarcodeReader.tar>