[Gambas-user] usb codebar reader how to handle events!?

Charlie charlie at ...2793...
Wed Dec 23 17:15:10 CET 2015

The barcode reader will only return the barcode information not the special
characters that are needed to create it. Once all the barcode is sent the
barcode reader will send a *Return key*.
We can use Gambas to check for the *Return key* so we know the barcode has
been completely read. If you want to see how this works open a spreadsheet
and read a code into a cell and you will see that if the code is read into
cell A1 the cursor ends up in cell B1 because of the *Return key*.
There is no need to program the reader to send any extra characters.
Here is some code you can use to see how Gambas can handle to reader.
BarcodeReader.tar
<http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n55083/BarcodeReader.tar>