[Gambas-user] How to soft depend on gambas3-gb-qt4-webkit

Geoffrey De Belie computergeoffrey at ...3367...
Wed Dec 16 19:02:37 CET 2015

Hi,

I make use of the gambas3-gb-qt4-webkit component for showing Help pages (HTML).

However, I would like to soft depend on this component. Pseudo-code:

If componentIsInstalled("gambas3-gb-qt4-webkit") Then

   'use it

Else

   'open the HTML pages in the default browser using xdg-open

EndIf

The reason I want to do this, is that I still would like to provide the GTK interface next to the Qt interface (using gb.gui).

gambas3-gb-qt4-webkit depends on qt4, and if you depend on qt4 you can't have gb.gui for easy interface switching.

A solution would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Geoffrey De Belie