[Gambas-user] Finding all function calls in IDE

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Dec 11 10:06:05 CET 2015

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> There are some functions in a program which have too many arguments
> (arguments which aren't used in the function). I know that these
> functions are called from a number of places in the program.
>
> So if I want to get rid of these superfluous arguments, I would like to
> find all calls to this function. Is there a way in the IDE to get a list
> of the calls? Or do I have to do it with trial and error, killing the
> arguments, starting the program and wait for error messages?

In case you haven't considered it, I'll state the obvious: search for the
method's name. Press Ctrl+F, enter the function name and then at "Search in"
select "Source files" and click "Browse".

The IDE will display a neat list of occurences of the function name and some
context from the line where the search string occurs. From that context you
can quickly determine if the occurence is relevant. Click on a row in the
grid and you jump to the right file and line to make your change.

Regards,
Tobi