[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #867: Interpreter Crash if any wait command in DrawingArea_Draw event

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Thu Dec 10 20:37:23 CET 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.867&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Benoît MINISINI:

It does not crash with gtk+ and gtk+3, but I think it's just luck.

You must not call the event loop during an event triggered from the "outside", because you are creating infinite recursion, which should lead to
stack overflow in good cases, and segmentation fault in bad cases.

No toolkit allows that.

I will analyze where it crashes exactly, and, if possible, I will explicitly forbid repaint events to be called recursively. But as I said before,
the problem is not in repaint events only.

Benoît MINISINI changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.